Collaborating with various academic institutions around the world, the Institute organizes International and National Conferences around the world. From First World Congress on Synthesis of Science and Religion, held at Mumbai India in 1987 where Nobel Laureate George Wald from Harvard University gave Keynote Address to many conferences such as – First International Conferences on the Study of Consciousness within Science, San Francisco, 1990 (John Eccles, Nobel Laureate in Physiology and Medicine gave the one of the Keynote Addresses); Second World Congress on Synthesis of Science and Religion held at Calcutta, India, 1997, where Nobel Laureate in Physics Charles Townes presented the Keynote Address; Second International Congress on Life and its Origin – Perspectives from Science and Spiritual traditions held at Rome, 2004; to several other conferences. Besides, the Institute launched annual conferences in India on Science and Spiritual Quest from 2005 which are hold every year since then and are supported by Dept. of Science and Technology of Govt. of India. The 2010 conference held in capital city of India, Delhi was inaugurated by the President of India Smt. Pratibha Patil herself and she expressed the need of holding these conferences regularly for helping entire humanity. The proceedings volume of many of these conferences containing papers of all the distinguished scientists and scholars participated are also available.
Some of these are reflected below:
• 1986: First International Congress on Synthesis of Science and Religion, Mumbai, India (over 1500 participation)
• 1990: First International Conference on Study of Consciousness within Science, San Francisco, USA
•1997: Second International Congress on Synthesis of Science and Religion, Calcutta, India (over 2000 delegates)
• 2000: International Conference on the Culture of Peace, Manipur, India
• 2004: Second International Congress on Life and its Origin, Rome, Italy
• 2007: International Conference on the Synthesis of Science and Spirituality for World Peace, Imphal, Manipur.
There have been many other conferences organized at France, Bali (Indonesia), and many other places around the world over the last three decades.
National Seminars and Symposiums (A Glimpse):
• 1978: A symposium on“Consciousness and the Origin of Life”
• 1978: Ayurvedic conference entitled “Health and Consciousness”
• 1981: Conference on “The Model and Structure of the Universe”
• 1981: International symposium on Science and Religion
• 1983: Seminar on Religion and Science, Gandhi Bhavan, Hyderabad
• 1992: Conference on “Bio-ethics”, Toulouse, France
• 2000: Seminar on “Science, Spirituality and the Future of Humanity”, Imphal, Manipur
• 2001: Seminar on “The Role of Spirituality in the New Millennium”, Kumbha Mela Ground, Allahabad
• 2004: Seminar on “Science, Religion and Metaphysics of Love”, Bombay
• 2004: Seminar on “Science and Religion”, Calcutta
• 2005: Seminar on “Science and Spirituality: Life on other Planets”, Dehradun
• 2005-2010: Annual All India Students’Conferences on Science and Spiritual Quest, India (Puri, Tiruchirapalli, Tirupati, Allahabad, Delhi) in collaboration with National Institutes of Technology (NIT) Tiruchirapalli, MNNIT Allahabad
• 2011: All India Students’ Conferences on Science and Spiritual Quest, Delhi, India in collaboration with Delhi Technological University (DTU). President of India inaugurated the conference with around 500 delegates. Photos
For further details about these series of conferences (AISSQ), please visit www.aissq.org
Roger Kornberg, Nobel Laureate in Medicine or Physiology, Stanford University, USA
"... no human capability is more remarkable than that of unraveling the mysteries of our existence, including our capabilities themselves. The question is how far these capabilities will extend."